More TV Time, More Trainer time. Racing in T-5 days
And counting.
Well, kids, it looks like uncle Christophe was on TV again (thanks again to Jason for pointing it out) . looks like the VS network has taken a liking to the clip of me giving Floyd Landis one of my T-shirts (which can be found on sale HERE) . They've been selling pretty well, by the way. I've received a ton of positive comments about the "Free Floyd" shirts. I'm guessing they might be using this TV footage for some time (until the fiasco clears up). I'm really glad that VS has been making an effort to report on the situation in Pro-cycling in an even manner. That one network has provided more fair and balanced coverage on Floyd than any other major news source out there (although Trustbutverify could show everyone a thing or two). I find that comforting. Hopefully it's enough to bring more awareness to the true state of what's going on and how it's threatening the sport we all love. The more people know the true facts, the more public pressure there will be to do something about it.
I guess I should begin to reap the rewards of my fame and celebrity. Frankly, all I want is a lifetime supply of Assos Chamois cream and a flock of nude virgins to apply it. I'm sure that can be arranged for a Z-list celebrity such as myself...
Enough with my delusions.
The cold finally broke on Saturday, and by the "cold breaking," I mean it was a high of 53 degrees. I jumped out of bed, slapped on my early spring gear (base layer, short jersey, arm warmers, and knickers) as well as my obnoxious and commemorative Hincapie sunglasses, and off i went. I ended up riding 75 wonderful miles. some alone, some with my teammate Nate Follow the link for hit flickr site, he's a great photographer- and was the one that shot me for the Maxxis tire shoot- see below:
Anyway, enough of my narcissistic meanderings (wait, isn't the the whole point of having a blog?)
The ride was fantastic. I felt like a kid again (a kid with a $5000 racing bike and a heart rate monitor, but a kid nonetheless). I went across the GWB and headed up to Nyack via river road- doing a few hill repeats on the way. When I got to Piermont I met up with Nate. We met up at the Piermont bike shop and decided to extend our trip a little. we bikes out to Rockland State park and did a victory lap of it. as we were doing our lap, a cold front came in. Good job not remembering your wind vest, Christophe! It got colder, and my fingers started to numb a little. As we rode, though, we warmed up, and it was more than tolerable on the way back. I'm feeling pretty decent about my conditioning, although I won't really be able to tell until Saturday- my first road race of the season.
Hoo-rah. I can't wait to slap my race wheels back on my bike- my Eurus's have been sitting in their campy wheel bags waiting to go for a ride. Only 5 more days.
It's only a CRCA club race in central park, but it will be my 2nd road race yet. I'm planning on sticking with the pack and not trying anything stupid (unless I can find some accomplices to do so) The last thing i want is a broken collarbone or a snapped frame on the 1st race of the season.
I'm looking forward to it.
Am I ready? I don't know. I'm definitely in the best riding shape of my life, although I feel like I've slacked off the past week or so (although it was a rest week). I may just experiencing late term it's-been-a-long-trainer-season-and-I don't-want-to-see-that-godforsaken-thing-for-another-8-months-psychoses. (you can tell by the look on my face)
I also should quit eating like an ass hole.
The race is 4 park laps, about 25 mi. no biggie.
Here's to not coming in last!
3 comments:
how the hell do you still have tan lines?
i think they're permanent from my deep sunburn when i rode that century in lake tahoe without suntan lotion (my arms blistered right on my tan lines. that's what i get for not wearing lotion while riding 7K feet up for 6 hrs....
Saturday WAS gorgeous - glad you were able to get out. And good luck this Saturday. My first race of the season is Saturday too. Here's to the Eurus wheels and keeping the rubber side down (my new wheels will have to wait until I get a new drivetrain - just figured). Be sure to let us know how it goes!
Post a Comment